Monday, February 22, 2010

At Work in LA

Got bored at work, tried writing something... this is what happened. The following is all true.


PART I
THE DARK SIDE

Garage to Garage
I massage my ability
to live in this smog filled city.

Shitty applause for the man in the
Monkey suite standing on stage
Selling himself like a prostitute.
I envy him. I’m Green.
So green I’m sick, take a trip to the latrine,
and let the universe heave from my throat
toast my scrotes.

It’s seven in the morning,
no time for cereal,
or coffee.
let’s split.
Hurry up and sit,
In this crème colored room
Getting smaller
C3PO! C3PO! Shut down all trash compactors on the detention level.
Squeezed so tight I feel the devil
Seeping from my glassy eyes
Nothing interesting enough to create
Even boring lies.

Whatev’s it’s cool,
When you enjoy surrounding yourself
With tools A hammer, a nail,
They construct false worlds
Through email Touting their horns,
In a brass ensemble cast,
Not to be crass,
but suck my balls…................ ..

PART II
MONORAIL

Ah! Ha!
Feel that warm glowing light.
The sun drying skin
Squinting tight
Some future fellow,
Bathing, dead, in his
Backyard pool.
You see from a distance
In your personal magnetic monorail,
And turn your head.
Just a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
Was Mr. Rogers shot/dead in Pittsburgh?
Yeah, I heard he was.

O’er the canyons and above the freeways
To my cousin’s house we go.
No nevermind,
Instead,
To thirty bars we jumped
On our only life mission:
To get crunked.
At the 41000.
They’ve added fifty more stories and a dungeon;
Snacks to munch on.
In-house street meat.
Bacon wrapped, super dogs,
Like fleshy jalapeno logs.
It’s good.
But better, when injected
Intravenously, into your system.
Pay dues to the one true religion,
Carnivore mysticism.

PART III
AIR MATTRESS

A fiery ball of gas
That’s what they call me
A star? No.
Just my irritable bowel syndrome
And my glowing personality.
Light me up and propel me out to space.
I’d be a rocketeering Ace.
It’s true.
No, really.
It explains why I’m flying
And your not
Past the moon,
which NASA forgot.
Thank GOD.
Its pimpled face
Was no place to be,
except for
ROOOOBBOOOOTS.

Mr. Sagan has invited me to stay with him on his comet,
Don’t be an alarmist;
His corpse is exquisite,
And never caused me to vomit.
The dude’s got it figured out, To be honest.
We chill on the Kuiper Belt the view has no contest.
Well, except maybe the Vegan sunset,
but still
Oh wait!
Don’t be confused!
VEGA
like SEGA
like VEGAN
not veeeegan.
Does that make sense? No.
Well come on, just use context.

This floating rock
It talks to me
And Carl.
We mine its minerals
And sell them to
Twartell, Our local drug cartel, Alien;
He Aims a blaster at our heads
And says we are failing him.
He’s ready to pull the trigger;
I flinch,
But Carl is already dead
So, he’s good
In a pinch.
He kicks Twartell
in his quadruple balls.
He falls
to his knees,
and begins to scream
to his cronies,
like some kind of queen
OFF WITH HIS HEAD,
But Carl says NO.
And Kicks him out the airlock.
Twartell yells in the darkness, OH FFUUUUUUUUCCCCKK.

Carl and I have some
100% Vaccuum Beers;
yeast grown in Andromeda
CLINK.
CHEERS!
It’s sour but interesting,
A cross between candy Warheads,
and Listerine.
mmmm.

By the end of the intergalactic super day,
I’ve run out of gas,
and gravity
Pulls me away .
Goodbye Carl,
Go see the universe.
I sink down to earth.
And think
Could things be worse?

There in my LA Air Mattress,
I toss about,
I’ve seen other worlds,
Even swam with space trout,
But something is missing,
Something I can’t quite live without.
It’s the East Coast, baby.
and that’s where I end this pout.

-for ben ...and carl




No comments: